FERROUS SULPHATE MONOHYDRATE
Nuansa kimia sejati, PT distribute ferrous sulphate monohydrate. Ferrous sulphate monohydate had apparence off white powder. It is extensively used in animal feeds as it can stimulate the growth of animal’s body, it is also used as fertilizer in the agricultural industry. It is properly packed in hdpe bags with liner so that its purity and efficacy is maintained till the very end.
Uses of ferrous sulphate monohydrate
Ferrous sulphate monohydrate is the chemical compound with the formula FeSO4, known since ancient times as copperas. It is most commonly encountered as the blue-green heptahydrate. Iron sulphate has many uses:
- It is used as a lawn conditioner and moss killer.
- Industrially, ferrous sulphate is mainly used as a precursor to other iron compounds.
- It is a reducing agent, mostly for the reduction of chromate in cement.
- Used in the manufacture of inks.
- It is used a mordant for wool dyeing.
- Ferrous Sulphate monohydrate can also be used to stain concrete and some lime stones and sandstones a yellowish rust colour.
- Woodworkers use Ferrous Sulphate monohydrate solutions to colour maple wood a silvery hue.
- In horticulture it is used for treating iron chlorosis (yellowing of foliage caused by iron deficiency). Although not as rapid-acting as iron chelate, its effects are longer-lasting. It can be mixed with compost and dug into to the soil to create a store which can last for years.
- Ferrous Sulphate monohydrate is sometimes added to the cooling water flowing through the brass tubes of a turbine condenser. It forms a corrosion-resistant, protective coating on the inside of the tube.
- It has been applied for the purification of water by flocculation and for phosphate removal in municipal and industrial sewage treatment plants to prevent eutrophication of surface water bodies.
- It is used as a traditional method of treating wood panel on houses, either alone dissolved in water or as a component of water-based paint.